Inspired by the twisted genius of Roald Dahl, the Tony Award-winning "Matilda" The Musical is being presented by Acting Up, a young performers community theater, September 20-22 at Mason High School Theater. Matilda is the captivating masterpiece that revels in the anarchy of childhood, the power of imagination and the inspiring story of a girl who dreams of a better life. Acting Up’s production includes over 50 local, talented young performers from across the tri-state area. Reserved seating tickets are only $12 and are available at ActingUp.com
- Matilda is filled with high energy dance numbers and has won 47 international awards and continues to thrill sold-out audiences of all ages around the world.
- Acting Up is a non-profit, all-volunteer, young performers community theater based in Mason. We are in our 15th year of producing high quality musical productions which involve hundreds of volunteers. Strong family involvement and support of the community are key components to Acting Up’s success. Show weekends are an exciting culmination of all of these efforts while showing off the amazing young talent right here in our community and the greater Cincinnati area.
- ?Acting Up is a member of ACT Cincinnati and has won hundreds of Orchid awards from the Association of Community Theatre for numerous productions, including Overall Technical Quality, Overall Performance Quality, Excellence in Dance Execution, and Excellence in Chorus, Choreography and Ensemble.
Acting Up presents Matilda the musical
Four shows are held over one weekend.
- Friday, September 20th at 7:00
- Saturday, September 21 at 2:00 pm (sign-language interpreter will be provided)
- Saturday, September 21 at 7:00 pm
- Sunday September 22 at 2:00 pm
All performances will be at the Mason High School Theater, 6100 Mason-Montgomery Road, Mason OH 45040.
Tickets and more information are available at ActingUp.com or at the door starting one hour before each performance.