DIY Celebration Sign/Banner
Have someone you haven't seen in a while? Opening back up a place of business? Here's a simple tutorial on how to create a cute "Welcome Back" or "We missed you" sign on a budget.
Download a printable version of this guide here: https://bit.ly/0711pcdl
Facebook event: http://facebook.com/events/889447148221400/
- Construction paper in many colors
- String or yarn
- Hole punch
- Marker or pencil
We Missed You Sign Instructions:
- Cut out a stencil of the shape you want your banner pieces or your ice cream pieces to be.
- For the ice cream sign, First, cut out 3 cones. They can be whatever size and look you like!
- Next, trace your ice cream scoop shape onto different sheets of construction paper as you see fit. You will need to trace the scoop a total of 12 times.
- Before you cut out the scoops, write the letters of "WE MISSED YOU!", one letter on each scoop. I tried to put each consecutive letter on a new color paper to achieve a patterned effect.
- Once these are all cut out, attach the three cones onto your display surface. Each cone will carry a word out of "We missed you!"
- Starting with the first cone, place the last letter of the word "WE" on the cone and then build up using the rest of the word "WE", in this case, the W.
- Move to the second cone, this time using the word "MISSED", you will first put the letter "D" on the cone, then stack the rest of the word on top, putting the letters on backward one at a time, so that the cone, when finished, will read "MISSED" correctly, up and down.
- Finish your last cone with the word "YOU!", and YOU are finished! :)
Welcome Back Banner Instructions:
- For this one, create a stencil for how you want each piece of the banner to look.
- Trace the shape onto many colors of paper. Cut them out.
- With a marker, decorate each piece of the banner with a different letter to complete the message.
- Hole punch each corner of the tops of each piece of banner. String yarn through the holes.
- Hang where you like! :)
- Let somebody know they were missed in a fun way today!