Bring a sample of your well water to this free event. During the event we will test your water for nitrates and provide you with the materials and instructions to receive free bacteria and arsenic testing.
Who should participate?
- Is your well more than 40 years old?
- Is it less than 50 feet deep?
- Has it been more than a year since the water was tested?
- Does an infant or pregnant women drink the water?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, please join us at this event and bring a well water sample.
To collect your well water sample properly:
- You can use any clean jar that is free from scratches, soap and food residue on the inside. Or, pick up a jar from Butler SWCD, 1802 Princeton Rd, Hamilton.
- Plan to collect the sample as close to the time you bring it to the event as possible.
- If you can’t collect the sample within an hour of the event, then keep it chilled, or refrigerate it.
- Remove any screen or filter from your faucet.
- Run water for five minutes to clear the lines and bring in fresh water.
- Do not touch the lip of the jar, inside the jar, or inside of the cap.
- Fill the bottle and cap it snugly.